Mini Twice Baked Potatoes With Tofu Ricotta
This is a cute idea for both a side item or an appetizer. I like to call it a hearty finger food, if that makes sense. It harkens back to my use of the tofu ricotta in my Yam, Walnut, and Ricotta Rigatoni. You can make the tofu ricotta ahead of time and then use it for a variety of recipes throughout the week.
Use a smaller red potato for this because it’s small enough but still large enough to work with when you’re stuffing. You’ll get your protein fix in the ricotta and by adding in garlic and herbs you can add some nutrient density to the recipe.
Mini Twice Baked Potatoes with Tofu Ricotta
6 red potatoes, boiled until fork tender and sliced in half
1 cup tofu ricotta (recipe to follow)
2 cloves minced garlic
Sea salt freshly cracked pepper to taste
Drizzle with olive oil
Italian flat leaf parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside of the potatoes and set aside in a bowl.
3. Add in tofu ricotta, garlic, sea salt, pepper, and combine.
4. Add mixture back into each potato, filling generously. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and garnish with parsley.
1 pound firm tofu
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and then turn down the heat. Add in tofu and boil for two minutes. Use towels to remove as much water as possible.
2. Add to a blender along with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Combine well.
Like this? Follow my Twitter feed.
Follow me on Facebook.